- This fine Mole Sauce has complex flavors and is worth the extra effort. Serve over chicken, shrimp, enchiladas or tacos. Refrigerate or freeze for later use!
Chicken Bouillon 6 Hard Tablets
Mexican Chocolate Drink Granulated Mix - 11.2oz
- ●3 dried pasilla chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired
- ●3 dried mulato chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired
- ●3 dried ancho chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired
- ●1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- ●2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ●3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ●1 large onion, chopped
- ●3 cloves garlic, smashed
- ●1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ●1/2 teaspoon anise seeds
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ●1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- ●2 small toasted corn tortillas, crushed
- ●3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ●2 tablespoons raisins
- ●1 1/2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablets, crushed
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ ABUELITA Granulated Chocolate Drink Mix
Place chiles in medium bowl; cover with 2 cups hot water. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Toast pepitas and sesame seeds in large saucepan; remove from pan.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add oregano, anise seeds and ground cloves; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
Place chiles and 1 cup soaking water, onion mixture, tomatoes and juice, tortillas, pepitas and sesame seeds, peanut butter, raisins and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same saucepan over medium heat. Add pureed mixture and Abuelita; cook, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes or until puree is thickened. Strain through a medium sieve for a smoother consistency. Serve over chicken, shrimp, enchiladas or tacos. Mole sauce may be refrigerated or frozen for later use.
Heat mole sauce in large saucepan over medium heat, adding enough stock (about 1 to 2 cups) to dilute sauce to desired consistency. Season to taste.