35 things that are better at night
Fun things to do that’ll have you waiting for the sun to set.
The days are getting shorter, which means the nights are getting longer. To us, that just means more time for fun!
4:30 PM and it’s already twilight? Time to set up for a candlelit dinner party!
6 PM and it’s pitch black outside? Perfect for stargazing!
9 PM and it’s been nighttime for HOURS? Great! Let’s go to bed early and get EXTRA beauty sleep.
You see the potential? Maybe we sound like that annoying, always-happy friend of yours. #SorryNotSorry! We love nighttime. As soon as the sun goes down, you can unleash the fun, spontaneous night version of yourself. So don’t let the winter months keep you from making plans, going out, and having a heck of a time. You might enjoy yourself even more under the stars than you would in broad daylight.
Here are 35 of our favorite things to do after the sun goes down. Share your favorites with #ThankGoodNes for winter nights.
1. Walk on the beach under the stars.
2. Go camping in your backyard (or living room if it’s too cold!)
3. Go to a lantern festival, or release your own lanterns.
4. Host a candlelight dinner. Even better if it’s outside.
5. Have a bonfire and roast marshmallows.
6. Tell scary ghost stories.
7. Have a jam session with friends around the fire.
8. Practice taking low-light photos. Maybe of a candlelit evening or city skyline at night.
9. Light sparklers with friends.
10. Make shadow puppets on the wall.
11. Take a dance class. They usually have a fun open dancing session after the class instruction.
12. Meet your neighbors with a candlelit street party.
13. Go stargazing and study the constellations.
14. Make up your own constellations!
15. Have a rave dance party. Crack open the glow sticks (and strobe light if you have one).
16. Try out night visions goggles and see if you can spot some wildlife.
17. Turn off the lights and play flashlight limbo.
18. Play hide and seek. It’s much harder in the dark!
19. Watch fireworks! Or light your own if the law permits.
20. Warm up afterwards by soaking in a hot tub under the stars.
21. Have a rooftop or balcony party.
22. Hit up the club.
23. Eat late-night food. Some things just taste better after midnight!
24. Watch a projector movie in the backyard.
25. Soak in a hot bubble bath surrounded by scented candles.
26. Candlelight yoga. It’s much more relaxing.
27. Have a hula contest with light-up hula-hoops.
28. Go glow bowling! Way more exciting than regular bowling.
29. Go to a concert.
30. Go for a night ride with friends! Any wheels are permitted –
31. Drive to a lookout and enjoy the night-lights.
32. Go for a midnight hike around your neighborhood. (Bring a friend for safety!)
33. Play truth or dare.
34. Sleep! Nothing beats a good night of deep sleep.
35. Take a cruise in your car and listen to your favorite music. Windows down, heaters on!
– The goodNes Crew
Ratings & reviews
Have questions or concerns? Contact Us
- bvseo_sdk, p_sdk, 3.2.1
- CLOUD, getContent, 0.26ms
- REVIEWS, PRODUCT
- bvseo-msg: Error - Timeout was reached; HTTP status code of 0 was returned;