Arrachera (Skirt Steak) with Chimichurri
Makes 8 servings, about 4 ounces steak and 1 tablespoon sauce per serving
- ¼ cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup plus 3 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3 teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 pounds arrachera steak or skirt steak
- ½ cup packed coarsely chopped flat leaf parsley
- ½ cup packed coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped fresh oregano
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place lime juice, 2 teaspoons oil, 2 teaspoons bouillon and chopped garlic in large, resealable plastic bag. Add steak; seal bag. Shake and press with fingers to distribute marinade.
Place parsley, cilantro, oregano, peeled cloves, remaining teaspoon bouillon and pepper in food processor or blender; cover. Pulse until ingredients are combined. Add 1/3 cup olive oil in a slow stream, pulsing until blended. Pour into a small bowl; refrigerate.
Heat remaining teaspoon oil in large skillet over medium heat. Fry steak for 5 to 7 minutes on each side or until desired doneness.
Cut into 8 pieces. Serve with chimichurri.