Baked "Fried" Chicken
- 1 pound chicken breast tenders
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat buttermilk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Place chicken, buttermilk, ½ teaspoon bouillon, ½ teaspoon garlic powder and ½ teaspoon paprika in a large, heavy-duty, resealable plastic bag. Massage chicken to make sure it’s evenly coated.
Line large baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with cooking spray.
Combine breadcrumbs, flour, remaining teaspoon bouillon, remaining teaspoon garlic powder, remaining teaspoon paprika and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip chicken pieces in breadcrumb mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place on baking sheet. Spray chicken with cooking spray.
Bake at 400° F for 12 to 15 minutes or until lightly golden on bottom. Turn chicken over; bake for an additional 6 to 7 minutes. For added color, broil for a few minutes, if desired.