Creamy Cauliflower and Sweet Onion Soup
Makes 5 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 1 small head cauliflower (about 2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small sweet onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
Remove inner stem from cauliflower; chop. Chop cauliflower into florets.
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add garlic; cook for 1 minute. Add cauliflower, water, bouillon and nutmeg. Cover; cook for 12 to 15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender. Cool slightly.
Blend soup until completely smooth using an immersion blender or by transferring in batches to a blender. If using a blender, return soup to saucepan. Stir in evaporated milk until combined. Serve garnished with additional ground nutmeg and Buitoni® Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese, if desired.