White Bean & Winter Green Soup
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 ½ cups)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 6 Lacinato (Tuscan) kale leaves, ribs removed and leaves thinly sliced (about 4 cups)
- 1 cup uncooked ditalini pasta, orzo pasta or peeled and diced Yukon gold potato
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Stir in water and bouillon; bring to a boil. Add kale and pasta. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until pasta and greens are tender.
Stir in beans and heat through for about 5 minutes.
Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Season with ground black pepper. Ladle into bowls; top with cheese.