Fennel, Sunchoke and Apple Salad with Citrus Vinaigrette
Makes 10 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large Fuji or Gala apples, quartered, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 large fennel bulbs, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 (7 ounces total) sunchokes (Jerusalem artichokes), peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- ¼ cup (1 ounce) crumbled gorgonzola cheese
- ¼ cup chopped sugar-glazed pecans
Combine orange juice, white wine vinegar, balsamic vinegar, sugar and salt in small bowl. Whisk in oil.
Place apples, fennel, sunchokes, onion, cheese and pecans in large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat.