Opens in a new window
Makes 6 servings, about 1/2 cup per serving
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ●½ cup chopped shallots
- ●1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- ●1 ½ cups water
- ●1 cup ivory quinoa, rinsed
- ●1 ½ teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ●1/3 cup currants
- ●1/3 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- ●3 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- ●Ground black pepper
Heat oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shallots and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes or until fragrant.
Stir in water, quinoa, bouillon and cumin.
Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; cook for 15 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
Add cilantro and pine nuts; fluff with fork and serve. Season with pepper.