Opens in a new window
Official MEDIA CREMA
12 servings, about 1 cup per serving
This recipe transforms boring potatoes into what's sure to be your family's favorite potato dish. It's made creamy with Media Crema and cheesy with Oaxaca cheese. Then perfectly seasoned with garlic, Maggi and pepper. Enjoy!
- ●1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- ●2/3 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●4 pounds (about 10 to 12) russet potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- ●1/2 cup shredded Oaxaca cheese
Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish with some of the butter.
Place remaining butter in a small saucepan. Melt over medium heat. Add garlic, bouillon and pepper. Cook for about 1 minute or until fragrant. Add media crema and evaporated milk; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
Place half of sliced potatoes evenly in prepared dish. Pour half of media crema mixture over potatoes. Place remaining potatoes evenly over the top; pour remaining media crema mixture over. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover with foil.
Bake for 30 minutes. Remove foil; bake for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until cheese is golden. Season with pepper. Sprinkle with fresh thyme leaves, if desired.