Fennel Black Pepper Meatballs
Makes 10 servings
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) SWEET EARTH Enlightened Foods Awesome Grounds
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 tablespoon sliced scallions
- 1 teaspoon toasted ground fennel seeds
- 2 teaspoons fine kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup julienned fennel bulb
- 3 tablespoons red wine
- 1/4 cup MINOR'S Classical Reductions Reduced Brown Stock, prepared as demi glace
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut into 1/4-inch cubes
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a bowl add awesome grounds, garlic, shallots, scallions, fennel seeds, salt, pepper, Worcestershire sauce, egg, and panko. Mix gently until evenly mixed. Form into 2-ounce meatballs.
In a cast-iron skillet over medium high heat, add oil and heat until the oil shimmers. Add meatballs and brown evenly on all sides, about 6-8 minutes. Place skillet in the oven and cook meatballs until internal temperature reaches 155°F. Remove and transfer to serving dish; cover with foil.
Return skillet to the heat, add julienned fennel and cook until caramelized, about 3 minutes.
Deglaze with red wine and reduce au sec, or almost dry.
Add demi glace and bring to a simmer.
Top with butter and pour finished sauce over meatballs.