Desserts & Breads
- Try a sweet twist on traditional chimichangas this winter. A lighter, baked version, this one-of-a-kind Abuelita Chimichangas dessert features sliced bananas coated in cinnamon chocolate syrup, wrapped in a delicate pastry dough.
- ●Nonstick cooking spray
- ●4 medium bananas, sliced
- ●1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ●3 tablespoons NESTLÉ ABUELITA Chocolate Syrup
- ●6 frozen phyllo dough sheets, defrosted according to package directions
- ●1 tablespoon cinnamon-sugar (1 tablespoon granulated sugar plus 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon)
Preheat oven to 350° F. Spray baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Combine bananas, nuts and Abuelita syrup in medium bowl; stir gently to coat.
Place 1 phyllo sheet on flat kitchen surface. Fold in half; spray with cooking spray. Place about 1/3 cup banana mixture on bottom third of short end of phyllo sheet; spread to within 1 inch from each side. Fold bottom of dough over filling; fold dough in on both sides then roll up burrito-style. Repeat process with remaining phyllo sheets and banana mixture; place on baking sheet seam-side-down. Spray chimichangas with cooking spray; sprinkle evenly with cinnamon-sugar.
Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.