Easy Mole Sauce
Easy Mole Sauce
- This easy version of the traditional Mole Sauce has deep chocolate flavors. Serve over chicken, enchiladas or steaks. Refrigerate or freeze for later use!
Granulated Chicken Bouillon 15.9 oz
Tablets & Bars
Mexican Hot Chocolate - 6 Tablets
- ●4 dried pasilla chiles, stemmed, seeded if desired
- ●1/4 cup pepitas
- ●2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- ●3 tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
- ●1 large onion, chopped
- ●3 cloves garlic, smashed
- ●1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- ●1/2 teaspoon anise seeds
- ●1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- ●1 can (14.5 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained
- ●2 small toasted corn tortillas, crushed
- ●3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- ●2 tablespoons raisins
- ●4 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 1/2 tablets (90 g each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink, chopped
Place chiles in medium bowl; cover with 2 cups hot water. Let stand for 30 minutes.
Toast pepitas and sesame seeds in large saucepan; remove from pan.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add oregano, anise seeds and ground cloves; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute.
Place chiles and 1 cup soaking water, onion mixture, tomatoes and juice, tortillas, pepitas and sesame seeds, peanut butter, raisins and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in same saucepan over medium heat. Add pureed mixture and Abuelita; cook, stirring constantly, for 8 minutes or until puree is thickened. Strain through a medium sieve for a smoother consistency. Serve over chicken, shrimp, enchiladas or tacos. Mole sauce may be refrigerated or frozen for later use.