- This flavorful mole is made with tomatoes, onion, garlic, chipotle chile, orange juice and chocolate. Serve over pork roast for the perfect entertaining choice. The sauce should be prepared towards the end of the roast cook time if you want to save time.
Tablets & Bars
Mexican Hot Chocolate - 6 Tablets
Granulated Chicken Bouillon 15.9 oz
- ●2 1/4 pounds pork loin roast
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ●4 (about 1 1/2 pounds total) large tomatoes on the vine, stems removed
- ●1/2 cup diced onion
- ●2 cloves garlic, peeled and smashed
- ●1 chipotle chile in adobo sauce from a can
- ●1 1/2 cups fresh squeezed orange juice
- ●2 1/2 tablets (90 grams each) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink
- ●2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Bake pork for 1 hour.
Broil roast on high under broiler for 6 to 7 minutes. Check meat with thermometer for a reading between 140° and 150° F internally. Let pork rest for 15 minutes before serving. While pork is resting, continue with recipe.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add whole tomatoes; cook for 7 to 10 minutes, turning as the skin blackens to char all sides.
Add onion, garlic and chile. Cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 6 minutes. Add orange juice, Abuelita chocolate and bouillon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 10 minutes.
Place tomato mixture in a blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Place pork loin on a large plate. Slice; cover in sauce.