Opens in a new window
9 servings, 3 enmoladas per serving
- In their original form, enchiladas were street food and consisted of corn tortillas without filling accompanied by a dipping sauce. This Enmolada recipe is an authentic version of corn tortillas covered in a mole sauce and is quick, easy and delicious.
Granulated Chicken Bouillon 15.9 oz
Tablets & Bars
Mexican Hot Chocolate - 6 Tablets
- ●8 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
- ●8 dried pasilla chiles, seeds and stems removed
- ●1 can (14.5 ounces) peeled crushed tomatoes
- ●1/3 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
- ●3 tablespoons roasted almonds
- ●3 tablespoons raw peanuts
- ●2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- ●2 tablespoons roasted sesame seeds, divided
- ●5 cloves
- ●1 (2-inch) cinnamon stick
- ●2 cloves garlic
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●3 tablespoons corn oil
- ●1 tablet (90 grams) NESTLÉ ABUELITA Authentic Mexican Hot Chocolate Drink
- ●1/4 cup corn oil
- ●27 corn tortillas
Place tomatillos in a large saucepan with enough water to cover. Boil for 10 minutes or until tender. Set aside.
Place dried chiles and enough water to cover in a medium saucepan. Boil for 10 minutes. Reserve water.
Place tomatillos, chiles, tomatoes, onion, almonds, peanuts, breadcrumbs, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, cloves, cinnamon stick, garlic, bouillon and 3 cups reserved chile water in blender; cover. Blend well.
Strain mixture through a mesh sieve.
Place 3 tablespoons oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Carefully pour in chile mixture; add Abuelita chocolate. Cook, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until chocolate is melted and mixture is thickened.
Heat ¼ cup oil in a large skillet. Lightly fry each tortilla approximately 30 seconds on each side.
Fold each tortilla in half and place 3 on each serving plate. Cover with about 3/4 cup mole sauce and sprinkle with remaining tablespoon toasted sesame seeds.