Egg, Ham & Cheese Brunch Nests
Ericka Sanchez from nibblesandfeasts.com created these delicious Egg, Ham & Cheese Brunch Nests that will make a perfect addition to your next weekend brunch. She tops the nests with Avocado-Cilantro Crema and Chipotle Crema, which makes for a beautiful presentation.
7 oz. Can
Granulated Chicken Bouillon 15.9 oz
- 12 slices white or wheat sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons diced ham
- 12 tablespoons shredded cheddar cheese
- 12 large eggs
- 2 cans (7.6 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ Media Crema, divided
- 4 tablespoons chipotle chiles in adobo sauce from a can
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- 1 medium avocado, peeled, pitted and sliced in big pieces
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
Preheat oven to 375° F. Lightly butter 12 standard-size muffin cups.
Flatten each bread slice with your hand. Carefully insert flattened bread slices into muffin cups so they fit snuggly. It’s ok if pieces of bread stick out, it will keep the egg from running over the edge. Brush melted butter over each bread cup.
Add 1/2 tablespoon of diced ham and 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese to each bread cup. Crack one egg into each cup.
Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until egg is set (while baking, start making the cremas). Run a knife around edge of each bread cup to loosen.
Place 1 can media crema, chiles and 1/2 teaspoon bouillon in blender; cover. Blend for about 30 seconds. Refrigerate any leftover Chipotle Crema in a tightly sealed container.
Place remaining can media crema, avocado, cilantro and remaining 1/2 teaspoon bouillon in blender; cover. Blend for about 30 seconds. Refrigerate any leftover Cilantro-Avocado Crema in a tightly sealed container.
Serve each nest with about 1 tablespoon Chipotle Crema or Cilantro-Avocado Crema.
EVERYTHING CREAMY & DECADENT