Opens in a new window
Makes 4 servings
- This Chicken Primavera with chicken, vegetables and creamy sauce makes for one hearty meal. Serve tossed with linguine or fettuccine.
- ●1 tablespoon margarine or butter
- ●1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- ●3/4 cup Coffee mate® Original Liquid Coffee Creamer
- ●1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ●3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided
- ●1/4 cup freshly shredded Parmesan cheese
- ●1 tablespoon olive oil
- ●1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast meat, cut into bite-size strips
- ●1 medium carrot, cut into thin bite-size strips
- ●1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- ●1 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- ●1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated linguine, prepared at the last minute
Melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in chicken broth, Coffee mate Original Flavor Liquid, cornstarch and 1 clove chopped garlic. Cook over medium-high heat, whisking frequently, until cornstarch is dissolved and mixture comes to a gentle boil. Cook for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Stir in cheese until melted. Remove from heat.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and remaining 2 cloves chopped garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Add carrot and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until carrot is crisp-tender. Stir in zucchini; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes. Season with salt and ground black pepper.
Add sauce to skillet; stir to coat. Toss with pasta.