Opens in a new window
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ●1 medium onion, chopped
- ●1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●1 large tomato, chopped
- ●1 jalapeño, seeded and chopped
- ●1 teaspoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●8 premade sopes
- ●1 to 1 ½ cups fat free refried beans, warmed
- ●1/2 head iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- ●Grated queso fresco (optional)
- ●Salsa (optional)
Place chicken in medium saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook for 15 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Set chicken aside to cool. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
Heat oil in same saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
Shred chicken and return to saucepan.
Stir in tomato, reserved cooking liquid, jalapeño and bouillon. Cover; cook over low heat for 10 minutes or until most of liquid is absorbed.
Meanwhile, spray sopes on both sides with olive oil cooking spray or brush lightly with olive oil. Place on baking sheet and warm in 400° F oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
Fill each sope with about 2 tablespoons refried beans and ¼ cup chicken filling. Top with lettuce, queso fresco and salsa.