Opens in a new window
- ●3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) light butter, melted
- ●1 large egg
- ●1 cup packed dark brown sugar
- ●1 1/2 cups oatmeal
- ●2 cups grated carrots
- ●1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- ●3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- ●2 packages (8 ounces each) light cream cheese, at room temperature
- ●1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ® LA LECHERA® FAT FREE Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ●1 lemon, juiced
- ●1/2 envelope (3.5 grams) unflavored gelatin, dissolved in 3 tablespoons water
- ●Green and orange food coloring
Preheat oven to 350° F. Beat the butter, egg and sugar in a large mixer bowl; stir in oatmeal, carrots, chopped walnuts and flour until well blended. Spoon batter onto greased baking sheet. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the edges are golden; cool on wire rack.
Beat cream cheese, LA LECHERA® Fat Free Sweetened Condensed Milk and lemon juice in medium mixer bowl; with the mixer running, slowly add in the dissolved gelatin. Separate into 3 bowls, in one place half of the mixture and divide the other half of the mixture between the remaining two bowls. Mix orange food coloring into one and the other with green food coloring. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Place a little white frosting on a cookie and cover with another cookie to form a sandwich. Use green and orange frosting to make carrots on the cookies.