- This coffee flan is an elegant variation on the classic recipe. Garnish with cream and fruit.
- ●1 cup granulated sugar
- ●1 can (14 ounces) NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ●5 large eggs
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1 to 2 tablespoons NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- ●Whipped cream (optional)
- ●Fresh fruit (optional)
Preheat oven to 325° F.
Heat sugar in small, heavy-duty saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 6 to 8 minutes or until dissolved and caramel-colored. Quickly pour onto bottom of 9-inch deep pie dish; swirl around bottom and side to coat.
Place sweetened condensed milk, eggs, evaporated milk and coffee granules in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into prepared dish; cover with foil. Place dish in large roasting pan; fill roasting pan with water to about 1-inch depth.
Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean. Remove flan from water. Cool on wire rack. Refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
To serve, run small spatula around edge of pan. Invert serving plate over dish. Turn over; shake gently to release. Serve topped with whipped cream and fruit.