- These Sweetheart Sandwiches make for a colorful dessert or snack. Great as a tea sandwich option too! Easy to make and sure to impress everyone.
7 oz. Can
Sweetened Condensed Milk Squeeze Bottle 11.8 oz
11.8 oz. Squeeze Bottle
- ●1/4 cup water
- ●2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ●1 can (7.6 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ Media Crema
- ●1/3 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk (squeezable bottle)
- ●16 slices whole wheat bread
- ●8 large strawberries, chopped
- ●4 large strawberries, cut in half
Combine water and cornstarch in small bowl; set aside.
Heat media crema and sweetened condensed milk in small saucepan over medium heat until heated through and well combined. Stir cornstarch mixture; add to saucepan. Cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes or until well thickened. Remove from heat. Cover; cool to room temperature.
Cut bread in large heart shapes almost the size of the bread using a cookie cutter or knife. Cover to keep from drying out.
Stir chopped strawberries into cooled mixture. Spread 8 bread hearts with strawberry filling (about 1/4 cup each). Top with remaining heart slices. Top each sandwich with a strawberry half.
Serve at room temperature or chilled.