Baked Buffalo Chicken Nuggets
Makes 8 servings
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons buffalo hot sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup cornstarch
- 2 ¼ teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon, divided
- ½ to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound chicken tenders, cut into 1-inch pieces
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Fresh cracked black pepper
Microwave butter in a small bowl until melted. Add buffalo sauce and water; stir until fully combined. Set aside.
Beat egg in a shallow bowl. Combine cornstarch, 2 teaspoons bouillon and cayenne pepper in a shallow dish. Line large baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Dip chicken pieces in egg; shake off excess. Dip in cornstarch mixture, turning to coat both sides. Place on prepared baking sheet. Lightly spray chicken with cooking spray.
Bake at 400° F for 5 minutes. Turn chicken over and bake for an additional 5 minutes. Brush with buffalo sauce mixture. Bake for an additional 2 minutes.
Place in serving dish; pour any unused buffalo sauce over chicken.
Combine mayonnaise, buttermilk, cheese and remaining ¼ teaspoon bouillon in a small bowl. Season with black pepper. Serve as dipping sauce for chicken.