Creamy Broccoli Soup
Makes 7 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 cups water
- 1 pound broccoli florets
- 1 can (15 fluid ounces) lite coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Stir in water, broccoli, coconut milk and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; partially cover and cook for 10 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir in spinach.
Pour into blender or food processor (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Reheat if needed. Season with pepper. Garnish as desired.