Easy Red Lentil Soup
Makes 7 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 large stalks celery, chopped
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 5 cups water
- 1 ½ cups red lentils
- 2 teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 bay leaf
- Ground black pepper
- Apple cider vinegar (optional)
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add carrot, celery and onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until almost tender.
Add water, lentils, bouillon and bay leaf; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 20 minutes or until lentils are tender and have broken down.
Season with pepper. Add splash of vinegar if desired.