Quinoa & Sweet Potato Salad
Makes 8 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup red quinoa
- 1 teaspoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic, sherry or red wine vinegar
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Ground black pepper
- 2 cups (about 10 ounces) leftover cubed, roasted sweet potatoes
- 2 cups packed baby arugula or spinach
- ¼ medium red onion, thinly sliced (about 1/3 cup)
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives or flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pepitas (optional)
- Crumbled feta cheese (optional)
Place water, quinoa and bouillon in medium saucepan; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover and cook for 15 minutes or until water is absorbed and quinoa is tender.
Whisk oil, vinegar and garlic in large salad bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Add quinoa, sweet potatoes, arugula, onion and chives; toss well to coat. Garnish with pepitas and cheese.