Farro, Corn & Basil Salad
Makes 6 servings, about 3/4 cup per serving
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 1 teaspoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 ½ tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed and roasted
- ½ cup shredded fresh basil
Combine water, farro and bouillon in medium saucepan. Cook according to package directions until farro is soft but still chewy in the center. Remove from heat; drain.
Whisk vinegar, olive oil, mustard and garlic in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Add cooked farro, corn and basil to vinaigrette; toss to coat. Serve chilled or at room temperature. Garnish with toasted pine nuts, if desired.