Veggie Fried Rice
Makes 6 servings
- 2 tablespoons canola or other neutral oil, divided
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups day-old cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon MAGGI Marketplace Premium Vegetable Base
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 2 scallions, white and green parts chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seeds (optional)
Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat; drizzle in 1 tablespoon canola oil. When oil is shimmering, add chopped onion and carrots and cook until tender. Add the garlic and salt; stir to combine.
Increase heat to high; add remaining tablespoon of canola oil to the veggies. Add rice, then the soy sauce and vegetable base; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until the rice starts to crisp.
Reduce heat to medium and make a well in the middle of the rice. Pour in the eggs and cook until scrambled, then toss with the rice.
Stir in the peas and cook for another 30 seconds. Remove from heat and stir in scallions, toasted sesame oil and sesame seeds.
Taste and season with additional soy sauce, if needed.