- This bread pudding, or capirotada, is quick and easy. Ready in about 20 minutes and served with a delicious dark brown sugar flavored sauce.
- ●6 tablespoons dark brown sugar, divided
- ●1/2 cup hot water
- ●3/4 cup Coffee mate® natural bliss® Sweet Cream Flavor All-Natural Coffee Creamer, divided
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, divided
- ●3 bolillo (hoagie) rolls, cut into 3/4-inch slices and toasted (ends discarded)
- ●1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled or shredded Cotija cheese (optional)
- ●1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- ●1 tablespoon cornstarch
Preheat oven to 350° F. Grease an 8-inch-square baking dish.
Dissolve 3 tablespoons sugar in hot water in a medium bowl. Mix in 1/2 cup Coffee mate natural bliss Creamer and 1/2 cup evaporated milk; set aside.
Place half of the toasted bread in the prepared baking dish. Gently and slowly pour ½ cup of milk mixture over bread ensuring all slices are wet. Top with remaining toasted bread (you may need to squish the bread a little to make all pieces fit). Gently and slowly pour remaining milk mixture over bread ensuring all slices are wet. Top with cheese and raisins.
Bake for 5 minutes or until heated through.
Whisk remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk, remaining 1/4 cup Coffee mate natural bliss Creamer, remaining 3 tablespoons sugar and cornstarch in a small saucepan over medium-high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until thick and sugar is dissolved. Top bread pudding with sauce. Serve immediately.