6 to 8 servings
- Ajiaco Soup, a typical dish from Bogotá, is a comforting meal made with guascas leaves (from the Andes) that lend a unique aroma and flavor to this dish.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●3 pounds chicken thighs, skin removed
- ●6 cups water
- ●1 large onion, chopped
- ●2 large stalks celery, chopped
- ●1/4 cup MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●2 teaspoons dried guascas or thyme leaves
- ●1 1/2 pounds mixed potatoes (red, russet and yellow), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- ●2 ears of corn, cut into 1-inch slices
- ●1 tablespoon lime juice
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ Media Crema
- ●Accompaniments: NESTLÉ Media Crema, chopped avocado and capers
Place chicken, water, onion, celery, bouillon and guascas in large saucepan or Dutch oven. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover. Cook for 30 minutes.
Remove chicken to cool. Add potatoes to broth; cover. Cook for 40 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Mash some of the potatoes in pan with potato masher.
Remove chicken meat from bones and return to pan. Add corn and lime juice; cook, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in 1/2 cup media crema. Serve with media crema, avocado and capers.