Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
Makes 4 servings
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Marketplace Premium Chicken Base
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup soy sauce or tamari if you need gluten free
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound cubed chicken breast meat
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 1 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
Combine chicken base, cornstarch, honey, garlic, water and soy sauce. *(cornstarch will thicken the sauce and allow it to coat the chicken and vegetables) *Optional: Add 1 teaspoon sriracha and 1 teaspoon of sesame oil if desired.
Heat oil in wok on high heat. Season chicken with salt and ground black pepper and quickly stir fry; remove from wok.
Add carrots, bell pepper, zucchini and peas and stir fry for a minute or 2; add shallots and chicken back to wok.
Add sauce to wok and stir constantly until thickened and coating chicken and vegetables. Serve over rice and garnish with scallions and sesame seeds if desired.