8 servings, 1 chicken leg and 3/4 cup mole
- Serve this green mole sauce over chicken legs, or any chicken pieces you have available, for a quick and delicious meal. This creamy mole is quick to prepare and uses tomatillos, chiles, lettuce, cilantro and parsley, which is where all the green color comes from.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●8 (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total) chicken legs, skin removed
- ●1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husked, rinsed and roughly chopped
- ●2 serrano chiles, deveined and chopped
- ●1 poblano chile, deveined and chopped
- ●1 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
- ●2 cups packed chopped iceberg lettuce
- ●1/3 cup packed chopped cilantro
- ●1/3 cup packed chopped parsley
- ●1 clove garlic
- ●1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ●2 tablespoons corn oil
- ●2 cups (8 ounces) raw pepitas
- ●1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- ●1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted
Place chicken legs in a large pot with enough water to cover; boil for about 15 minutes or until cooked through. Set aside. Reserve broth.
Place tomatillos, chiles, onion, lettuce, cilantro, parsley, garlic and pepper in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Carefully add tomatillo mixture; stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
Place pepitas, evaporated milk, 1 cup reserved broth from cooking chicken and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
Add pepita mixture to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
Place chicken on a serving plate; cover with about ¾ cup sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.