4 to 6 servings
- This Lentil Soup is packed full of nutrition with high levels of vitamin A and iron - and flavor. Lentils, kale or spinach and brown rice combine to make this a hearty vegetarian main dish or soup starter.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ●1/2 cup chopped onion
- ●1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●7 cups water
- ●1 cup dried brown lentils
- ●1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Tablet
- ●1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- ●1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach or kale
- ●1/2 cup quick-cooking brown rice
Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Add water, lentils, bouillon and vinegar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until lentils are tender.
Stir in spinach and rice; cover. Return to boil. Reduce heat to low; uncover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until rice is tender.