Opens in a new window
Makes 4 to 6 servings
The Secret Ingredient
- ●2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ●1/2 cup chopped onion
- ●1/4 cup chopped red pepper
- ●2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- ●7 cups water
- ●1 cup dried lentils
- ●1 MAGGI Chicken Bouillon Hard Tablet
- ●1/2 cup quick-cooking brown rice
- ●Cilantro chopped to taste
Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, pepper and garlic and cook stirring occasionally for 5 to 7 minutes or until the vegetables are soft.
Add water, lentils, bouillon tablet and vinegar and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and cover the pot. Cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
Add rice and cover the pot. Let it boil. Lower the heat to low and uncover the pot.
Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 20 minutes or until the rice is tender.