Makes 6 servings, about 1 cup per serving
The Secret Ingredient
- ●2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ●1 small onion, finely chopped
- ●1 ¾ cups water
- ●1 ½ cups quinoa, rinsed
- ●1 teaspoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●3 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley or chives
- ●1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ●Ground black pepper
Melt butter in medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until onion is softened.
Increase heat to medium-high. Stir in water, quinoa and bouillon; bring to a boil. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook for 18 minutes or until quinoa is just tender and liquid is absorbed.
Fluff quinoa with a fork. Stir in parsley and lemon juice. Season with pepper.