Mexican Fried Rice
Makes 6 servings, about 3/4 cup per serving
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ cup (4 ounces) beef chorizo
- ½ cup chopped red bell pepper
- ½ to 1 jalapeño
- 1 ½ teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Beef Flavor Bouillon
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- ½ cup canned whole-kernel corn
- ½ cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion and chorizo; cook, stirring to break up meat, for 5 minutes. Blot with a paper towel to remove excess fat.
Add bell pepper, jalapeño, bouillon and chili powder; cook for 2 minutes. Add rice, corn and beans; cook, stirring constantly, for 2 minutes. Stir in lime juice and cilantro. Serve immediately.