Makes 10 servings
- This recipe requires an electric pressure cooker.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 to 2 pounds beef chuck roast, trimmed and cut into 1- to 2-inch chunks (OR beef stew meat if you can't find chuck roast)
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 tablespoons tomato paste
- 4 medium Yukon potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon red wine
- 3 teaspoons MAGGI Marketplace Premium Beef Base, dissolved in 4 cups of water
- Water as needed to cover vegetables
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley for garnish
Set the electric pressure cooker to saute; add oil and brown the meat on all sides. Meat will not be cooked through. Transfer browned meat onto a large plate.
Place the pot back in the pressure cooker and add onions and garlic and sauté for a minute or two; add the tomato paste.
Add the meat back into the pot along with potatoes, sweet potato, carrots, celery, bay leaf, wine and beef bouillon base broth. Stir to combine. If there is not enough liquid to cover the vegetables, add water as needed.
Cover and seal the lid and set to 20 minutes with High Pressure on Manual mode. Allow the pressure cooker to release naturally for at least 15 minutes. Adjust seasonings with salt and pepper if necessary (discard bay leaf). Serve hot with fresh parsley.