Makes 6 servings
- 1 can (7 ounces) chipotle peppers, drained, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Maggi® Seasoning Sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped yellow onion
- 6 cups water
- 3 cups cooked and shredded chicken
- 1 can (25 ounces) hominy, drained
- 1 tablespoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- Suggested garnishes: radishes, fresh cilantro, lime wedges
Combine chipotle peppers, seasoning sauce, oregano, cumin, garlic powder and pepper in small bowl; set aside.
Heat oil in a large, heavy-bottomed soup or stock pot over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, until tender. Stir in water, chicken, hominy and bouillon. Stir in chipotle mixture; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, stirring occasionally, for 30 to 40 minutes or until hominy is soft.
Serve with suggested garnishes.