Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders with Coleslaw
Makes 12 servings, 1 slider per serving
- 4 tablespoons packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3-pound pork shoulder or loin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup water
- ¾ cup cider vinegar, divided
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- 1 ½ cups shredded green and/or red cabbage
- 2 tablespoons shredded carrot
- 1 tablespoon Ranch salad dressing
- 12 slider buns
- Pickle slices (optional)
Combine 1 tablespoon sugar, paprika, bouillon and pepper in small bowl. Press rub onto all sides of pork.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown pork on all sides until deep brown. Place pork in 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
Add water, ½ cup vinegar, onion, tomato sauce and remaining 3 tablespoons sugar. Cover; cook on low for 8 hours or high for 5 to 6 hours. Meat should be fork tender and shred easily. While pork is cooking, prepare coleslaw.
Combine cabbage and carrot in medium bowl. Stir in remaining ¼ cup vinegar and dressing. Cover and refrigerate.
Shred meat with 2 forks.
Place liquid from cooker in large skillet. Boil for about 10 minutes. Should be reduced somewhat.
Stir 1 ½ cups liquid into shredded meat. Serve on buns with coleslaw and pickles.