Thai Salmon over Coconut Rice
Makes 4 servings, 3 ounces salmon and 1/2 cup rice per serving
- ¼ cup Maggi® Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- ½ teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 (12 ounces) salmon fillet, skin on, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 cup canned lite coconut milk or refrigerated coconut milk
- ½ cup jasmine rice
- ½ teaspoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- ½ teaspoon sesame seeds
Whisk together sweet chili sauce, 1 tablespoon ginger and soy sauce in a small bowl. Place salmon pieces in a resealable plastic bag; pour chili sauce mixture into bag and spread sauce over salmon using a brush.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper; spray with nonstick cooking spray. Place salmon, skin-side-down, on prepared baking sheet; pour any leftover marinade over salmon.
Bake at 450° F for 15 minutes or until salmon is cooked through. While salmon is cooking, prepare rice.
Combine coconut milk, rice, ½ teaspoon ginger, salt, sugar, crushed red pepper and turmeric in a medium, nonstick saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture begins to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook for 15 to 18 minutes or until rice is tender, adding additional water if needed. Stir in almonds. Let cool for 5 minutes.
Place ½ cup rice on serving plate. Top with piece of salmon. Garnish with green onions and sesame seeds.