Veggie Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce and Sweet Chili Sauce
Makes 8 servings, 1 spring roll per serving
- 2 cups (about 2 ounces) dry rice vermicelli or rice sticks
- 1 cup thinly cut carrot matchsticks
- 1 cup thinly cut peeled cucumber matchsticks
- 1 cup thinly cut red bell pepper matchsticks
- ¼ cup chopped Thai basil leaves
- 4 tablespoons rice wine vinegar, divided
- 4 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- 8 (8-inch-round) rice paper wrappers
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Maggi® Sweet Chili Sauce
Bring 1 quart of water to boil in medium saucepan. Remove from heat; place vermicelli in water. Stir; let stand for 5 to 8 minutes or until noodles are just tender. Rinse in cold water; drain.
Place carrots, cucumber, bell pepper and basil in medium bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons vinegar and 2 teaspoons soy sauce; toss to coat.
Fill a pie plate or shallow dish with hot tap water. Dip one rice paper wrapper in water for 15 to 20 seconds. Remove from water. (Wrapper will still feel leathery but will soften as you work with it.) Place about 1/8th of noodles and 1/8th of vegetable mixture down center of wrapper, leaving about an inch on each side. Fold one long side over filling; fold short sides in. Roll up like a burrito. Repeat with remaining wrappers and filling.
Combine peanut butter, remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar, water, remaining 2 teaspoons soy sauce and red pepper flakes in small bowl; whisk until smooth. Mixture will separate, but then will become smooth. If too thick, add an additional tablespoon water and rice vinegar.
Serve rolls with peanut sauce and sweet chili sauce.