Golden Milk (Turmeric Tea)
Makes 1 serving
- 1/2 cup filtered boiling water
- 1/4 cup organic ground turmeric
- 2 tablespoons virgin unrefined coconut oil
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Pinch ground cardamom (optional)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk, coconut milk or milk of choice
- Raw honey, pure maple syrup of sweetener or choice (optional)
- Ground cinnamon
Combine water, ground turmeric, coconut oil, ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ground ginger and ground cardamom in a small bowl or mason jar. Store covered in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Heat milk in a large, microwave-safe mug until piping hot.
Stir in 1 teaspoon of turmeric paste. Sweeten as desired. Dust with cinnamon.