Slow Cooker Winter Squash Chili
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound extra lean ground turkey
- 2 cups peeled and chopped winter squash
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced roasted tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
Heat oil in medium skillet over medium heat. Add turkey; cook, stirring frequently to break into pieces, for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Transfer to a slow cooker.
Add squash, broth, tomatoes and juice, onion, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, salt and pepper.
Cover; cook on high for 4 hours, stirring in white beans and black beans during last 10 minutes. Garnish with chopped cilantro, if desired.