Opens in a new window
- This Colombian Natilla features a perfect combination of cinnamon, condensed milk and shredded coconut - a Colombian Christmas classic!
- ●4 cups NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk, divided
- ●1/2 cup NESTLÉ LA LECHERA Sweetened Condensed Milk
- ●1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- ●1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- ●3 cinnamon sticks
- ●3/4 cup cornstarch
- ●1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ●1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Heat 3 cups evaporated milk, sweetened condensed milk, sugar, cloves and cinnamon sticks in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the mixture just boils. Reduce heat to low. Remove cinnamon sticks.
Whisk remaining 1 cup evaporated milk and cornstarch in a small bowl. Add to heated milk mixture along with shredded coconut. Increase heat to medium-low. Stir constantly for 4 to 5 minutes or until mixture thickens and you can see the bottom of the saucepan when stirring.
Pour natilla in an 8-inch-square baking dish. Allow to cool and firm for 1 hour. Before serving, sprinkle with ground cinnamon and slice into pieces.