Opens in a new window
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 tablespoon corn oil
- ●2 tablespoons finely chopped yellow onion
- ●2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- ●1/2 cup tomato puree
- ●3 cans (5 ounces each) tuna with chipotle, drained
- ●2 tablespoons MAGGI® Seasoning Sauce
- ●2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ●1 ounce baby red potatoes, cooked and mashed
- ●2 cups dry plain breadcrumbs, divided
- ●2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- ●2 tablespoons finely chopped chipotle chiles
- ●1 cup corn oil for frying
Heat 1 tablespoon oil in large skillet; cook onion, stirring frequently, until translucent. Add garlic, tomato puree, tuna, MAGGI® Seasoning Sauce and Worcestershire sauce; cook for 5 minutes . Add potatoes and ½ cup breadcrumbs; mix well.
Mix egg and chipotle chile. Form tuna mixture into croquettes. Dip into egg mixture and then roll in remaining 1 1/2 cups breadcrumbs.
Heat 1 cup oil in a large skillet; fry the croquettes until they are lightly golden. Drain on paper towels.
For crispier croquettes, dip in egg and breadcrumbs twice.