Grilled Skirt Steak with Cabbage and Soy-Lime Sauce
Makes 4 servings
- A tasty, quick marinade made with soy sauce, tangy lime juice and Maggi paste flavors the meat and vegetables before grilling.
- 1/4 head cabbage, leaves removed and torn in half
- 3 cups snow peas
- 2 red bell peppers, seeded and cut into large pieces
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Salt and ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 2 teaspoons MAGGI Marketplace Premium Beef Base
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 pounds beef skirt steak
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves
Preheat a grill or a cast iron pan over medium-high heat.
Place cabbage, snow peas and bell peppers in a large mixing bowl; coat with cooking spray and season with salt and pepper. Place vegetables on the preheated grill and cook until tender and grill marks appear, 4 to 6 minutes per side. Transfer grilled vegetables back to the bowl.
Mix lime juice, beef base and water in a medium bowl. Pour ¼ of the mixture over the grilled vegetables. Set aside.
Season beef with salt and pepper. Place meat on preheated grill and cook for 4 minutes per side for medium. Transfer to a cutting board and allow to rest for 5 to 10 minutes. Slice into ½-inch slices against the grain; place into a bowl and pour in the remainder of the sauce.
To plate, divide vegetables onto 4 plates and top with the juicy beef. Garnish with cilantro leaves.