Opens in a new window
9 servings, 2 enchiladas per serving
- Chicken and fresh spinach in enchiladas helps to make a delicious meal for your family. A great way to use up leftover chicken too!
The Secret Ingredient
- ●2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- ●3 tablespoons butter
- ●2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ●6 cups fresh spinach (8 ounces)
- ●1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- ●1/2 cup water
- ●1 1/2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 cup vegetable oil
- ●18 corn tortillas
Boil chicken breasts for 20 minutes. Remove chicken from water and place in a bowl. Shred with two forks. Set aside.
Melt butter in a large skillet. Add flour; mix to combine. Cook for 3 minutes.
Add in spinach, evaporated milk, water and bouillon. Mix constantly for 13 minutes or until spinach has wilted and turns bright green.
Place spinach mixture in blender; cover. Blend until creamy and smooth. Set aside.
Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Using tongs, cook one tortilla at a time. Fry on both sides for about 30 to 40 seconds. You want the tortilla to be slightly hard but still pliable.
Fill the center of each tortilla with 1/3 cup shredded chicken; roll up. Place in a casserole dish. Repeat with remaining tortillas and chicken.
Pour spinach sauce over enchiladas.
Folding the tortilla in half helps reduce the amount of rolling.