Creamy Roasted Sweet Potato Soup
Makes 4 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- 1 pound sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 ½-inch cubes
- 2 shallots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Maggi® Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- Ground black pepper
- 3 cups water, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 fluid-ounce can) Nestlé® Carnation® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
Place sweet potatoes, shallots, garlic and thyme in foil-lined shallow roasting pan; drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with bouillon and cumin. Season with ground black pepper and toss to coat.
Bake at 425° F for 15 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
Transfer vegetables to food processor or blender along with 2 cups water; cover. Process until smooth or until desired consistency. Pour into medium saucepan; stir in evaporated milk and remaining 1 cup water.
Heat over medium-high heat until heated through.
Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with cilantro.