Belgian Waffles with Spiced Pear Compote
Makes 12 to 16 servings, 1 waffle with 2 to 3 tablespoons compote per serving
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- Grated peel from 1 large orange
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3 large firm pears, peeled, cored and diced
- ¼ cup honey
- 1/4 cup water
- 12 to 16 frozen Belgian waffles
Cook butter, grated orange peel, ginger and cardamom in medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds or until fragrant.
Stir in pears, honey and water.
Cover; cook for 15 minutes. Uncover; cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
Cook waffles according to package directions.
Spoon 2 to 3 tablespoons of warm pear compote over each waffle. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired.