Convenience Upgrades: Balancing Out Weeknight Dinners
A sure-fire way to avoid last minute calls for takeout is to keep a few frozen entrees stashed in your freezer so you can build quick, balanced meals during the week.
Two good options to always have on hand are frozen pizzas like DiGiorno Rising Crust Four Cheese Pizza and a quality mac & cheese like Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese. Both are made with 100% real cheese and are ideal foundations for tasty meals that you can enhance with just a few easy upgrades.
Start with a family-pleasing DiGiorno Rising Crust Four Cheese Pizza and add:
- Sliced yellow or red bell peppers and sliced mushroom for an easy veggie pizza
- Sliced fresh tomato and basil with a drizzle of olive oil
- Fresh baby spinach sauteed with olive oil and garlic
- Arugula and sliced avocado for a California-style pizza
- Leftover shredded chicken combined with barbecue sauce and thinly sliced red onion
- Sliced fresh pears, crumbled blue cheese and a drizzle of hot honey
- Fresh arugula, prosciutto and shredded parmesan cheese
- Crack fresh eggs on top for a Huevos Ranchero Pizza
Serve with big green salad on the side and fresh fruit salad for dessert.
Start with Stouffer’s Macaroni & Cheese and add:
- Cooked broccoli florets and diced ham for Ham Mac & Cheese
- Cooked frozen mixed vegetables for an easy Veggie Mac & Cheese
- Sliced hot dogs and frozen peas and carrots for a kid-friendly Mac & Cheese Hot Dog Casserole
- Cooked diced chicken, Italian-seasoned tomatoes, and diced green bell peppers and onion for Mac & Cheese Cacciatore
It’s easy to add in a full serving of vegetables into the macaroni and cheese for an easy meal that’s ready in minutes. Serve with a glass of milk, or a fruit and yogurt parfait on the side, to balance your plate.