Opens in a new window
- Seasoned shredded turkey is wrapped in puff pastry squares and baked to perfection. These easy to make empanadas are a great way to use turkey or chicken.
The Secret Ingredient
- ●1 package (17.3 ounces) puff pastry sheets, thawed
- ●1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- ●1 medium onion, chopped
- ●2 cloves garlic, chopped
- ●2 cups cooked, shredded turkey or chicken
- ●1 can (4 ounces) diced green chiles
- ●1/2 cup water
- ●1/2 cup raisins
- ●1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- ●1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ●1 large egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 400° F.
Heat oil in large skillet. Cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until tender. Add turkey, chiles, water, raisins, bouillon and cumin. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until heated through.
Unfold pastry on lightly floured surface. Roll each pastry sheet into 12-inch square and cut each into nine 4-inch squares (you will have 18 squares total).
Place 2 rounded tablespoons turkey mixture in center of each square. Brush edges with beaten egg. Fold squares over filling to form triangles. Crimp edges to seal. Place on baking sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
Bake for 15 minutes or until golden. Serve warm or at room temperature.