Makes 5 servings, about 1 cup per serving
- ●2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce, divided
- ●1 tablespoon unseasoned rice vinegar
- ●1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ●1 tablespoon dry sherry wine
- ●2 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- ●1 teaspoon sesame oil
- ●1 pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ●1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ●1 tablespoon coconut, peanut or vegetable oil
- ●2 large red or green bell peppers, stems and cores removed, cut into ½-inch pieces
- ●¾ cup coarsely chopped onion
- ●2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ●1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- ●¼ to 1/3 cup roasted, unsalted whole cashews
Combine 1 tablespoon soy sauce, vinegar, oyster sauce, sherry, sugar and sesame oil in small bowl. Set aside. Combine chicken, cornstarch and remaining tablespoon soy sauce in medium bowl.
Heat coconut oil in large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 5 minutes or until browned. Remove from skillet.
Add bell peppers and onion to skillet. Cook, stirring frequently, for 4 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Add garlic and ginger; cook for 1 minute.
Add chicken and reserved soy sauce mixture to skillet. Stir in cashews. Cook until heated through.
Serve with steamed brown rice, if desired. Garnish with chopped green onions, if desired.